The FIL Executive Committee and The Combined Regions (TCR) Conarls Working Group have published the results of a survey (along with a comparison of 2012 results with the survey from 2010) carried out into the supply of electronic format material in response to inter library loan requests.
Keeping Our Customers Satisfied? Interlending in Changing World
University of Worcester – City Centre Campus
25th-26th June 2012
All presentations are provided as PDF files where possible. Further presentations to follow..
Monday 25th June
- Professor Derek Law (JISC Advanced Board Chair) Bridge Over Troubled Waters
- Ken Chad (Consultant) – Ebooks: Demand (Patron) Driven Acquisitions and the Challenge to Our Ideas of ILL and Collections
- Mark Kluzek (King’s College London) – Reshaping Interlending to meet Users Changing Needs at King’s College London
- Kate Ebdon (The British Library) & Anthony Troman (The British Library) –British Library Update and News
Tuesday 26th June
- Anne Hannaford (Director of Information & Learning Services, University of Worcester) – The Hive: An Introduction
- Keith Trickey (Consultant) – How To Get On With Everyone and Workshop Handout
- Carol Giles (University of Exeter) – Online interlending: Recent Developments at the University of Exeter
- Marie Lancaster (Cardiff Metropolitan University) & Su Fagg (University of Worcester) – Marketing Interlending in Two New Universities: Cardiff Metropolitan University & University of Worcester and References
- Beth Hardy (University of Leeds) – Reviewing and Renewing Our Document Supply Service
- Laurence Bebbington (University of Aberdeen) – Document Supply and Interlending : Keeping it Legal
- Riz Zafar (The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester) – Inter-lending & Document Supply Trends in NHS North West Health Libraries 2003 -2011
Goodbye Interlend for another year! The FIL Committee would like to thank all those who attended (delegates and speakers) for helping to make it a thoroughly successful conference. We hope you all had an enjoyable, engaging and thought-provoking experience.
Phased implementation of BLDSS is currently underway and approximately 35% of all requests from ARTEmail and ARTWeb customers are now being processed via the new service. Due to technical issues full deployment of BLDSS is now scheduled to be completed by the end of August. For more information please us this link.