The Forum for Interlending and Information Delivery (FIL) is pleased to sponsor one library staff member who is a fully paid up member of FIL to attend the 16 IFLA ILDS Conference at the National Library of Technology in Prague, Czech Republic from 09 to 11 October 2019. The conference is entitled Beyond the Paywall: Resource Sharing in a Disruptive Ecosystem. For more information on this conference, please visit: https://ilds2019.org/
- The winning applicant will have a placed booked and paid for them at the conference by FIL.
- The winning applicant will be provided with a sponsorship towards the cost of reasonable travel and accommodation for the purpose and duration of the conference up to a maximum of £450
- The winning applicant will be responsible for booking their own travel and accommodation and the FIL Treasurer will reimburse them on presentation of valid receipts, after the conference.
- The sponsored attendee will be expected to produce a report on their experiences which will be published on the FIL website and also in the FIL Journal (and on occasion present their article at a FIL event). In this way the whole Interlending community can benefit from the delegate’s insight and reflections.
- Please note that there is an embargo of 1 year on the individual or institute that is awarded the bursary.
- The draw for the winner will take place on Wednesday 5th September 2019 and the winning applicant will be contacted by email
- The written report (1500 – 2000 words and pictures) for the FIL Journal must be submitted by 1st November 2019
Please submit applications for the FIL sponsorship by email, please to Jean Christopher, Chair of FIL: Jean.Christopher@LIVERPOOL.GOV.UK
by Tuesday 4th September 2019
For more information and news on Fil sponsorships please visit: FIL Sponsorship Page
Alternatively, follow & like…
Twitter | Facebook
Interlend 2019 will be hosted at the Hilton Belfast on 24th and 25th of June 2019.
We will continue to update the event page here with more details as they are published. We look forward to seeing you all in Belfast!
Interlend 2019 – Do you want to be our sponsored delegate?
The Forum for Interlending (FIL) is offering sponsored delegate places at the forthcoming Interlend 2019 conference, to be held at the Hilton Belfast on 24th and 25th of June 2019.
The sponsorship award covers the cost of attendance at the conference, all meals, accommodation and reasonable travel expenses.
For more information and news on the conference go to the FIL website, FIL Twitter feed and Facebook page.
To be considered, a letter of application should be sent to the FIL chair, Jean Christopher
This should include:
1. Full name
2. Contact details (email, telephone number, address)
3. Note of availability to attend conference if award is granted
Brief explanation of why you wish to attend, as well as the value that
you and your organisation would gain from attendance at Interlend 2019
The Committee especially welcomes applications from new professionals, library students and NHS and public sector library staff.
a condition of the award the successful applicant is required to submit
a report, evaluation or critical appraisal of the conference by the end
of August 2019. These
will be published in a forthcoming issues of the FIL Journal, as well
as being used on the Forum’s website with elements being reused in
future FIL publicity as deemed appropriate.
closing date for applications is Friday April 19th 2019. The Committee
aims to notify the successful and unsuccessful applicants of their
decision within 5 working
days of the closing date.
FIL Committee will consider all applications and make the award to the
applicant whom they believe would gain the most demonstrable benefit
place at the conference has already been reserved. However, the
successful applicant will be responsible for making their own travel
arrangements, the cost of which
will be refunded by FIL as part of the award.
The FIL committee now invites applications from the inter-lending community to speak and/or run breakout sessions or workshop sessions.
Interlend 2019 will be hosted at the Hilton Belfast on 24th and 25th of June 2019. The theme for Interlend 2019 centres on the changes affecting interlending practices and behaviour by new and evolving technologies and how we can meet expectations and challenges in the future, the move to more e-books; inclusive practices; collaborative innovations and reduced copyright restrictions.
Presentation/workshop topics could cover:
• Interlending & Document Supply Service Reviews
• Service Development/Practical solutions to everyday problems
• The impact and implications of copyright law
• Interlending tools and systems
• Open access
• Money Saving Initiatives
• Meeting the needs of disabled users
• International interlending
Breakout sessions are typically 45 minutes long and can be tailored to
meet the speaker’s needs – either chalk-and-talk or workshop based.
Speakers accepted at FIL events will be able to attend the conference
free of charge, along with one night’s accommodation where required and
all reasonable travelling expenses
Proposals should include:
• An abstract detailing your proposal (max. 800 words.) We will also
require a short description of your session (max. 50 words) which will
be displayed when delegates are choosing their parallel sessions
• A 50 word speaker biography
• Full Contact Details
Proposals should be emailed to the Chair of FIL Jean Christopher
firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th March 2019 after which point
they will be reviewed by the Committee. The Chair will be in touch with
all applicants after this date to confirm or decline your proposal.
Submission of a proposal does not guarantee acceptance, and the
Committee’s considered selection of proposals is final. We regret that
due to time restrictions no correspondence over the decision will be
If you’d like to informally discuss possible
themes, topics or approaches for your sessions please don’t hesitate to
get in touch with Jean Christopher email@example.com
For more information about FIL, including how to join, please visit the FIL website at www.forumforinterlending.org.uk
We look forward to discussing your ideas further.
The results are now in from our vote for the location of Interlend 2019.
Winning by just one vote was Belfast.
See you all there in 2019.