Could you please bring the notice below to the attention of your library colleagues, and encourage anyone working in Inter-Library Loans or Document Supply to apply.
The Forum for Interlending and Information Delivery (FIL) is pleased to sponsor one library staff member who is a FIL member in good standing (£75 for institutional, £50 for individual members or £30 for retired/unwaged per annum) to attend the IFLA WLIC Congress 2020 Dublin to be held at The Convention Centre Dublin (CCD) from 15-21 August 2020. For more information on this conference, please visit: https://2020.ifla.org
- The winning applicant will have a 2 day place booked and paid for them at the conference by FIL (Monday 17th August and Tuesday 18th August).
- The winning applicant will be provided with a sponsorship from the Conarls/FIL Development Fund that will cover the cost of reasonable travel and accommodation costs for the purpose and duration of the conference up to a maximum of £450
- The winning applicant will be responsible for booking their own travel and accommodation and the FIL Treasurer will reimburse them on presentation of valid receipts / statements, after the conference.
- The sponsored attendee will be expected to produce a report on their experiences which will be published on the FIL website and also in the FIL Journal (and on occasion present their article at a FIL event). In this way the whole Interlending community can benefit from the delegate’s insight and reflections.
- Please note that there is an embargo of 1 year on the individual or institute that is awarded the bursary.
- The draw for the winner will take place on Wednesday 4th March 2020 and the winning applicant will be contacted by email
- The written report (1500 – 2000 words and pictures) for the FIL Journal must be submitted by 1st October 2020
Please submit applications for the FIL sponsorship by email, please to Jean Christopher, Chair of FIL: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 28th February 2020